[Fedora-packaging] Are circular dependencies ok?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Aug 21 11:22:52 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 21 August 2007, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 01:14:37PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > Having said that, in case you're planning to push the all-the-way split
> > perl package to F-7 as an update: FWIW in my opinion it is a pretty
> > intrusive one to be pushed at this point.
>
> The "all-the-way split perl package" was part of the original Fedora 7
> release.

That's not what I mean by "all-the-way split".  perl-devel in F7 has these
artificial/transitional dependencies which have been removed in Rawhide
(which is what I mean by all-the-way):

Requires:       perl(CPAN), perl(ExtUtils::Embed), perl(ExtUtils::MakeMaker)
Requires:       perl(Test::Harness), perl(Test::Simple)

But I see that -23 in F-7 still has these, so looks like the update isn't what
I thought it'd be and so my FWIW opinion above can be ignored.