[Fedora-packaging] Are circular dependencies ok?

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 11:41:58 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 02:22:52PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> That's not what I mean by "all-the-way split".  perl-devel in F7 has these
> artificial/transitional dependencies which have been removed in Rawhide
> (which is what I mean by all-the-way):
>
> Requires:       perl(CPAN), perl(ExtUtils::Embed), perl(ExtUtils::MakeMaker)
> Requires:       perl(Test::Harness), perl(Test::Simple)

oh, thanks for the clarification.

And thanks for the hint, too.  I was thinking about those requires
today.  But after your warning, I'll remember not to remove them.

BTW: perl(ExtUtils::Embed) and perl(ExtUtils::MakeMaker) are
generated anyway, because of the scripts in perl-devel, so the
artificial part is:
  Requires:       perl(CPAN), perl(Test::Harness), perl(Test::Simple)

Stepan