[Fedora-packaging] kernel mod package howto?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Aug 31 12:40:22 UTC 2007

On 31.08.2007 14:34, Till Maas wrote:
> On Fr August 31 2007, Neal Becker wrote:
>> I'm submitting blcr which builds a kernel mod.  Where can I find info on
>> packaging for kernel mods?  Examples?
> You have to ask FESCO for permission, first.

And I looks like FESCo will disallow kernel module packages soon
completely -- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DavidWoodhouse/KmodProposal
was on the agenda for yesterdays meeting, but was adjourned until next week.

> When you get permission, you can
> use the hints here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/KernelModules

I use the situation to bring up a question here that I asked on
fedora-devel yesterday already:
[...]
- (partly a question for the Packaging committee as well) The current
Kernel Module standard was not only meant for Fedora, but for RHEL also
and a suggested one for 3rd party Fedora-repos as well. Are those still
a goal? If not: will the stuff simply be removed from the Guidelines, to
make them easier to read?
[...]

CU
knurd