[Fedora-packaging] Best way of patching sources for changed libbeagle?

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Mon Dec 10 12:56:51 UTC 2007

I need some help with the new libbeagle-0.3.0. This one is listed in
pkg-config with "libbeagle-1.0". The configure script of kerry (and also
brasero and yelp) are explicit checking for "libbeagle-0.0".
Upstream hasn't catched up the new beagle, yet, so I have to figure out what
is the best way of preparing my package (kerry) for the new libbeagle
version. And here I need some help because I'm not very familiar with
configure scripts. :)

My attempt here is to avoid a patch and change the libbeagle version with sed:

> %build
> unset QTDIR || : ; . /etc/profile.d/qt.sh
> export QTLIB=${QTDIR}/lib QTINC=${QTDIR}/include
>
> # libbeagle-version is now 0.1
> sed -i
> 's/LIBBEAGLE_PACKAGES="libbeagle-0.0"/LIBBEAGLE_PACKAGES="libbeagle-1.0"/'
> configure
>
> %configure --disable-rpath --disable-debug
> make %{?_smp_mflags}

A scratch build seems to be fine:

But I think there would be better options to to this.

Sebastian