[Fedora-packaging] Heads up: tomcat6 package into Fedora 9

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Dec 12 19:14:52 UTC 2007

FN> I'd like to keep the tomcat5 package around as well, as some
FN> people may want to use the old version still.  The packages have
FN> versioned names so they can be installed in parallel.  Would that
FN> be OK?

I don't see why that would be a problem, although I'm not really sure
of the implications of how the parallel installations would interact
with initscripts.  I guess since tomcat 5 uses "tomcat5" for its
initscript there wouldn't be any conflict, but is there any point to
running both versions at the same time?

Also, I can't help but point out that we still really need someone
from (one of) the Java team(s) to help us write some Java guidelines.
Without guidelines, review tickets for Java packages have been piling
up, and it's taken me a lot of time just to get answers to basic
questions that have cropped up during a package review.

 - J<