[Fedora-packaging] Executable "Source:"es

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Dec 28 21:08:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

maybe not an FPC question, but I'll have a go:

Since F9 Sources in the CVS "lost" their permission bit. For example
the nx specfile has

| Source11: nxfind-provides.sh
|
| %define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
| %define __find_provides %{SOURCE11}

a classical approach when one needs to extend/alter the default
automatic dependency calculations.

How can I teach CVS/koji that my Source11 should please get its
execution bit back on? I could mess around in the specfile with chmod
on the sources in the %sourcedir or try to be a bit cleaner by copying
around the script and messing with its permissions there, but I think
that's all not really clean and a bad workaround in general confusing
anyone reading through the specfile (or trying to maintain it ;)

Now the FPC question: We had agreed that sources should be either 0644
or 0755, did this change for F9 and later?

If not is this something to report on another list? Which one?
Bugzilla perhaps against koji?

If yes, would this be worth while sending out to
fedora-devel-announce?

Merry Xmas and enjoy the new year everyone!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net