[Fedora-packaging] Contributor License Agreement (CLA)

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Sun Dec 30 14:42:03 UTC 2007

I would like to understand a special case with respect to the CLA. It is
the case where the Fedora packager is also the copyright holder for the
package being contributed.

I am the original author and copyright holder for a package. That
package is currently distributed with the GPLv2 license. If I sign the
CLA and complete the package contribution, does this mean that the
original upstream source would no longer covered by the GPLv2 license,
but rather by the CLA ?