[Fedora-packaging] Executable "Source:"es

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Dec 29 11:41:06 UTC 2007

On Friday 28 December 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe not an FPC question, but I'll have a go:
>
> Since F9 Sources in the CVS "lost" their permission bit. For example
> the nx specfile has
>
> | Source11: nxfind-provides.sh
> |
> | %define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
> | %define __find_provides %{SOURCE11}
>
> a classical approach when one needs to extend/alter the default
> automatic dependency calculations.
>
> How can I teach CVS/koji that my Source11 should please get its
> execution bit back on?

No idea, but personally I think relying on any other permissions to SourceX
and PatchX than read is fragile[0] and should be avoided.  Doesn't this work
(note the "sh")?

    %define __find_provides sh %{SOURCE11}

[0] In addition to this case, eg. using explicit permissions when SourceX are
copied directly to the binary package payloads is a must.