[Fedora-packaging] Wrong buildroot ...

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Feb 10 13:53:47 UTC 2007

a) the raguments were mainly between racor and myself
b) topic was decided on an IRC meeting I couldn't attend
c) The summary of my arguments were given by ... racor ???
d) My arguments were not "I do it with macros, don't care about the rest"
   => Deliberately misquoted?
e) True arguments are that
   obscuring the buildroot for the sake of an extremely rare
   corner case (several users building the same package on the
   same system w/o chroots) implies fixing it for far more not
   corner-cases like building i386 and x86_64 packages
   simulataneously. So the `id -nu` part is far less important
   than adding the target arch, but that was silently forgotten by
   racor

I remember us waiting for racor to finish with his relocation for a
couple of months before dicussing topics where he was having an
active opinion and in this case it's a blitz decision in absence of
one party. I'm also not amuised by racor's misquoting, be it
deliberate or not.

In light of the above I'd like to ask to rediscuss this.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net