[Fedora-packaging] Wrong buildroot ...

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Feb 10 14:36:13 UTC 2007

Mr. Thimm,

you don't seriously expect an answer to this email, which I consider to
be filled with hostile and false allegations of yours.

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 14:53 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> a) the raguments were mainly between racor and myself
> b) topic was decided on an IRC meeting I couldn't attend
> c) The summary of my arguments were given by ... racor ???
> d) My arguments were not "I do it with macros, don't care about the rest"
>    => Deliberately misquoted?
You could not be wronger.

> e) True arguments are that
>    obscuring the buildroot for the sake of an extremely rare
>    corner case (several users building the same package on the
>    same system w/o chroots) implies fixing it for far more not
>    corner-cases like building i386 and x86_64 packages
>    simulataneously. So the `id -nu` part is far less important
>    than adding the target arch, but that was silently forgotten by
>    racor
You should remember that this had been an IRC, and I was citing off-head.

> I remember us waiting for racor to finish with his relocation for a
> couple of months before dicussing topics where he was having an
> active opinion and in this case it's a blitz decision in absence of
> one party. I'm also not amuised by racor's misquoting, be it
> deliberate or not.
>
> In light of the above I'd like to ask to rediscuss this.

I don't have a log of this meeting, but IIRC, we concluded to revisit
this topic should something appear _technically_ broken with it.

Ralf