[Fedora-packaging] Re: Re: Wrong buildroot ...

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Feb 12 16:50:59 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter wrote :

> Joe Orton wrote:
>
> > Standardising an inadequate workaround and
> > having packagers go through fixing N hundred spec files to match seems
> > like a waste of time.
>
> *sigh*.  One justification the FPC had used for mandating a standard
> buildroot was to avoid the waste of time associated with endless debates on
> mailing lists and package reviews.  So much for that plan.  (:

The "standard" buildroot plan is a good plan, as long as the goal
involves ripping it out from all spec files once and for all (i.e. have
a sane default set for rpmbuild).

I keep repeating this, sorry, but am I the only one who'd like to see
all useless and repetitive stuff taken out of spec files?
- BuildRoot
- The "-q" to %setup
- BuildRoot cleanup when %install and %clean start
- %defattr(-,root,root,-) or %defattr(-,root,root,0755)

For now, I do find it silly to add the 'id' execution to the buildroot.
And I avoid doing silly things when they relate to serious matters :-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
Load : 1.88 1.10 0.86