[Fedora-packaging] Re: Re: Wrong buildroot ...

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Feb 12 19:41:41 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Todd Zullinger wrote:
[...]
>>If the packaging committee wanted to make a standard buildroot and
>>enforce it have the build systems set %buildroot.
>
> We looked into that.  I recall there some serious implementation
> problems with that method.

Ah, I should've guessed it wouldn't be that simple. :)

Do you (or anyone else) recall if the problems were in addition to
just causing other builders a hassle if they try to build packages
which lack a BuildRoot?  That one seems rather minor to me, especially
considering that the BuildRoot: tag doesn't have to be removed from
spec files immediately, it would just become irrelevant for review
purposes (one less nit for anyone to pick).

Nothing is so simple that it cannot be misunderstood.
    -- Teague's Paradox