[Fedora-packaging] Re: Draft: Perl packages don't need -devel for .h headers

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Wed Feb 14 21:22:40 UTC 2007

There's nothing like coming into a discussion *really* late...
(Sorry, $dayjob has been hell recently.)

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 01:18:18PM -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> TC> My concern is that if we make a perl-devel here, some things that
> TC> had perl as an unstated BuildRequires will suddenly stop building
> TC> until they add perl-devel.
>
> If so, this needs to happen rather soon.  Can we get buy-in from Robin
> and perhaps a couple of mass-packagers like Steve Pritchard?

My only concern is that some of our BuildRequires will need to be on
perl-foo-devel instead of perl(foo), and I may or may not be able to
figure that out automatically in cpanspec.

If I were going to look for things to be concerned with in the perl
package, I'd probably worry about noarch packages being in
/usr/lib/perl5 instead of /usr/share/perl5.  :-)

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/