[Fedora-packaging] Tcl packaging guidelines proposal

Michael Thomas wart at kobold.org
Thu Feb 15 00:06:43 UTC 2007

I sent this proposal to f-m-l about a week ago to gather comments, and
there were no serious disagreements with the proposal which have not yet
been addressed (thanks to Tibbs and Toshio for their feedback).

Basically, I want to establish a set of guidelines for packaging Tcl
extensions, as we already have guidelines for other popular scripting
languages.  In addition to making Tcl packages more consistent with each
other, it will also help work toward fixing my pet-peeve bug (bz #226893)

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Tcl

Please let me know if I need to do anything to help get these draft
guidelines adopted.

Thanks,

--Wart