[Fedora-packaging] Draft: Init Scripts

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat Feb 17 00:20:12 UTC 2007

JK> Can we have some discussion over this draft and vote at next
JK> meeting?

I can get behind this, but I think that we make the set of exceptions
as narrow as possible.  It should be possible to actually list out all
of the packages which violate this, limit the exceptions to those and
then work to shrink that list over time.

So perhaps nuke the two sentences starting with "A valid exception",
and add a section "Grandfathered packages" so there is no question as
to whether a new package can be excepted from the guideline.

I do anticipate that it simply might not be possible for some of these
grandfathered packages to ever switch over, but at least if they're
explicitly listed the question won't keep coming up about whether they
violate guideline.

 - J<