[Fedora-packaging] Draft: Init Scripts

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Feb 27 16:45:19 UTC 2007

Ville Skyttä wrote :

> And BTW, for what it's worth, it's /etc/init.d, not /etc/rc.d/init.d in LSB -
> so it might not hurt to treat /etc/init.d as the "canonical" path in Fedora
> wherever it is hardcoded into even though there is the symlink between the
> two.

Argh! I could have sworn I had read the opposite somewhere, and have
been changing my spec files ever since. Here too, we need to document
clearly which one we should use, even though the symlink won't be
removed anytime soon...

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
Load : 0.33 0.27 0.20