[Fedora-packaging] Clarification/ammendment to the "non-numeric characters are permitted in the Version: field" clause

Fernando Nasser fnasser at redhat.com
Thu Feb 8 20:18:50 UTC 2007

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> TC> I vote for this. I think it is rather unlikely that we'd have a
> TC> GPL vs ASL or GPL vs BSD licensed software component.

Such beasts do exist (Apache forced some folks to dual-license with the
ASL their GPL'ed code in order to do collaborative development).
But I agree it is unlikely (BTW, that story did not have a very happy
ending).

> And even if we did, the license tag would indicate the license of the
> package well enough.

Right.

Ad if we ever have to release more than one, we will need different
package names anyway, like apache-joram and objectweb-joran, each with
its proper License:.

So I vote for (1) as well:  +1