[Fedora-packaging] Re: Requires(post{, un}) on something in coreutils

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Feb 9 21:50:01 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 10:42:17PM +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> > Maybe we need a minimal assumed runtime environment just like we
> > define a minimal assumed build evironment?
>
> What's wrong with the current situation that we need such a change?

Because as it stands now the OP's question on whether to add coreutils
as a dependency is valid and would have to be positively confirmed. Or
rephrased: the current situation is that the practice and the
guidelines diverge and we need to fix one of them.

> > The definition of such a beast would be the minimal set of packages
> > that are needed to do anything sensible, for example everything that
> > is pulled in by redhat-lsb (which includes coreutils).
>
> Hahaha... Why not just add KDE and openoffice to the base environment?

Because they are too big? Hohoho.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net