[Fedora-packaging] Re: Re: Wrong buildroot ...

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Feb 12 21:01:20 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 February 2007 22:24, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> >>Do you (or anyone else) recall if the problems were...
> >
> > One biggie: Setting rpm macro %buildroot didn't populate
> > $RPM_BUILD_ROOT.
>
> That sounds a little like a plus to me.  It would mean that the
> section on Using %{buildroot} and %{optflags} vs $RPM_BUILD_ROOT and
> $RPM_OPT_FLAGS could be eliminated (at least the buildroot portion.)
>
> A s/\$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{buildroot}/ could fix all current spec files.

No, it would just shift the problem elsewhere.  It can be also argued that
s/%{buildroot}/\$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/ would be the less evil way around.

More than one wants to read about it is available in the archives, see the
thread starting at [1], especially towards the end of it, eg. [2] and the
message it links to.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2006-July/msg00250.html
[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2006-July/msg00308.html