[Fedora-packaging] Use of vendor in .desktop files

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed Feb 21 16:41:43 UTC 2007

Has the use of vendor in .desktop files been changed recently?  The
guidelines currently say "If upstream uses <vendor_id>, leave it
intact, otherwise use fedora as <vendor_id>."  This is what I'm doing
in my package.  I see that there are some proposed changes to the
desktop files section in PackagingDrafts/DesktopFiles, but the use of
vendor is unchanged in that draft.  I also don't see anything in the
IRClogs nor do I recall reading anything on this list.

I ask because it's come up in a review and I'd just like to be sure
that I haven't missed a change (and so I'll have a clear and
definitive answer to refer to in the review [#228425]).

So live that you can look any man in the eye and tell him to go to
hell.
    -- Anonymous