[Fedora-packaging] Scripts around rpm (was: Re: Draft: Init Scripts)

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Feb 22 17:24:16 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > MM> And further, I don't want to have to look for .rpmsave/.rpmnew
> > MM> files outside of /etc.
> >
> > Why would you look for them at all?  That's what tools are for.
> > http://www.math.uh.edu/~tibbs/rpmchanges
>
> I (and probably many others) have similar scripts. I'm wondering if we
> should trow them together, put the best one into a package (¹) and ship
> them in Fedora, so people don't have to reinvent the wheel over and over
> again.

Everyone's welcome to suggest additions to rpmdevtools.  But it would not hurt
to have another similar but less development oriented package of nifty
scripts around.

There's also http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/UsefulScripts

Oh, and qa-robot from ALT Linux has a bunch of useful looking things
(especially rpmsodiff) that I've meant to take a look at but haven't got
around to it yet, anyone interested?  Some of them might require some
cleanup/changes to be generally applicable outside of ALT Linux.
http://www.altlinux.com/index.php?module=sisyphus&package=qa-robot