[Fedora-packaging] Re: Guidelines and epochs

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Jan 8 16:37:10 UTC 2007

Le Lun 8 janvier 2007 17:09, Axel Thimm a écrit :
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 11:03:54AM -0500, Fernando Nasser wrote:

>> Axel, 1.10 wins over 1.09.  Why do you need an Epoch in this case?
>
> Sorry, I meant 1.1 vs 1.09.

Then the best practice would be to write 1.1 1.10 (I hope this is
documented somewhere). Tought of course it would be better if upstream
used a fixed digit number, but some developpers have been known to take
this suggestion as a pretext to rant on Red Hat in general, and rpm in
particular.

--
Nicolas Mailhot