[Fedora-packaging] Java (jpackage) naming scheme rehash -- part 1 Goals

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 15:49:11 UTC 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 10:38, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> We have been doing this for a few years now, it was never any problem.
> Now that the spec files are the same upstream we do an import and spend
> 1 minute or 2 with vimdiff to merge changelog entries and adjust the
> release tag.
>
> It is been very easy for us (Java team) and we are very happy with this
> process.

So you aren't using cvs-import.sh to just import the srpm from upstream?  If
you are, that stomps on changes and replaces things.  The only time you'd get
a conflict is if the same lines changed differently, but there could be a NEW
changelog entry in the Fedora CVS that doesn't exist upstream, upstream has a
new line that doesn't exist in Fedora, once cvs-import.sh is done, only the
upstream changelog entry will remain, the one in Fedora will be erased.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora