[Fedora-packaging] Java (jpackage) naming scheme rehash -- part 1 Goals

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 19:03:48 UTC 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 11:48, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> Yes, we have the changelog entries added for the respin everything
> cases, some old entries regarding changes that were made for GCJ
> compilation when it was not as perfect as it is today, some emergency
> local fixes doen during release times that were incorporated upstream a
> few days later.  If this is deemed not important we can stopp merging them.
>
> We will still add our '.N' release number to the release tag and add a
> changelog entry saying that we have imported and are rebuilding it with
> AOT.
>
> BTW, so far we had to remove the Vendor and Distribution tags from the
> upstream spec file too, but that has been removed upstream to make it
> easier for the distros to import the packages.

I think adopting a work method that doesn't stomp local changes is very
important, including adding an entry about importing from upstream for the
build.

I still don't like "jpp" being there, however I suppose I can live with it,
provided others on the packaging committee can too, and we create a special
case for it (ICK).

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora