[Fedora-packaging] Re: Desktop files: "Application" category

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Sun Jan 14 12:41:38 UTC 2007

> This mail makes me think the Application category is deprecated, but on
> the official Packaging Guidelines page :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#desktop
> the sample still has the Application Category.

It seems that desktop-file-validate as of desktop-file-utils-0.12 in fc7
does not consider "Application" valid any more.

$ desktop-file-validate /usr/share/applications/fedora-
blobby.desktop
/usr/share/applications/fedora-blobby.desktop: warning: The 'Application'
category is not defined by the desktop entry specification.  Please use one
of
"AudioVideo", "Audio", "Video", "Development", "Education", "Game", "Graphics",
"Network", "Office", "Settings", "System", "Utility" instead
(see bug 222547)

The wiki page should be fixed then.

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
"Les hommes perdent la santé pour gagner de l'argent et, après, dépensent
cet argent pour récupérer la santé." -- Dalaï Lama