[Fedora-packaging] Conflicts Draft Proposal Round 2

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Jan 16 20:54:28 UTC 2007

JK> It was brought up that since RHEL is based on Fedora releases, and
JK> RHEL does crazy things like support RHEL3 to RHEL5 upgrades, it is
JK> reasonable to have conflicts information in a Fedora package that
JK> dates a little farther back than the latest supported Fedora
JK> release, since we're trying to use these packages and guidelines
JK> for RHEL too.

Does the upgrade case really matter, though?  After all, we're talking
about packages in the distro (Fedora or RHEL) and if you upgrade then
you shouldn't have any in-distro packages older than what is in the
distro you've just updated to.  So packages needn't conflict with
anything older than what's in the current distro release.

Or is there some problem in ordering of upgrades here?

 - J<