[Fedora-packaging] Exception for JPackage

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Jan 31 00:17:07 UTC 2007

TC> This exception documents how Java packages which come from
TC> JPackage are to be handled, and paves the way for the eventual
TC> removal of the jpp tag.

I have no problem with granting the exception, but I do think the
definition of the exception should include a explicitly state the
conditions under which it will go away.

The linked document has rationale and ideas for things to be added to
rpm and yum under the "Proposal" section, but there's no clear
statement of just how long the exception is to be granted.  (Perhaps
it's intended to be permanent; it's just not clear from the document.)

 - J<