[Fedora-packaging] Conflicts Draft Proposal Round 2

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jan 16 20:40:21 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 14:45, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> As discussed in today's FPC meeting, I've made some changes to the
> Conflicts Draft Proposal to document some acceptable cases, add some
> additional valid file name conflict workarounds, and fix the wording
> here and there.
>
> FPC Members: Please vote on this draft via email, so we can get this in
> place well before the Core/Extras merge. As I wrote the draft, I vote
> +1. ;)
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Conflicts

It was brought up that since RHEL is based on Fedora releases, and RHEL does
crazy things like support RHEL3 to RHEL5 upgrades, it is reasonable to have
conflicts information in a Fedora package that dates a little farther back
than the latest supported Fedora release, since we're trying to use these
packages and guidelines for RHEL too.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora