[Fedora-packaging] smp_flags considered dangerous?

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jul 2 20:58:48 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 22:23 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> But as *recommendation* we should switch from endorsing it to
> questioning it and recommending not to use it.

I disagree. Well written code almost never has problems with smp flags.

In the uncommon case (aka, corner cases) where a piece of code doesn't
build properly or predictably with smp_mflags, it can be removed, but a
comment needs to be added.

# This code won't build properly with smp_mflags ...

~spot