[Fedora-packaging] Re: smp_flags considered dangerous?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 00:40:01 UTC 2007

On 03 Jul 2007 19:28:33 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu> wrote:

> AT> I thought there was no quorum.
>
> f13 arrived 44 minutes into the meeting, providing the fifth member
> and thus a quorum.  At that point spot called for a vote.  The five
> members present (tibbs spot f13 abadger1999 scop) all voted against
> the proposal.  (I suppose there were six total votes counting your
> on-list vote; the minutes will reflect that.)

Ok... I would like to say that is very poor political clarity (I
expect such from Congress, not from a group that has higher
standards). If for some reason people were against this, came to the
meeting, and left thinking that there was no quorum... they have been
effectively cut out of the process. Not that this was the case this
time... but people should be aware that these events lead to the
"secret cabal meetings."

A quorum should always be called/met within a certain amount of time
of a meeting being held. Generally, this is 15-20 minutes of the
called time. If quorum is not met, its time to cancel the meeting
until the next general listing or if an emergency meeting can be
called/advertised/met.

Sorry for coming out of the blue here... but I would like to make sure
that groups are heard even if the vote goes against their views.