[Fedora-packaging] Re: rpm installation tests / script tests

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Jul 12 16:12:16 UTC 2007

Florian La Roche wrote on fedora-maintainers
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 07:41:55AM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Florian La Roche wrote:

>> > anything holding back an update of the default snippets we
>> > propose for Fedora until a more permanent solution in
>> > rpm/tools is available?

>> The Snippets wiki has been updated, after getting feedback on the
>> fedora-desktop list.

> it still says that no deps are needed, but should list a dependency
> for touch/coreutils in there.

At first, I thought
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#head-4cadce5e79d38a63cad3941de1dadc9d25d67d30-2
applied here, but that's only for BuildRequires.

Do we need to come up with a similar list for packages assumed to be present
at run-time, stuff like:
glibc kernel coreutils
??

-- Rex