[Fedora-packaging] Re: rpm installation tests / script tests

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jul 20 12:49:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 11:12:16AM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Florian La Roche wrote on fedora-maintainers

> >> The Snippets wiki has been updated, after getting feedback on the
> >> fedora-desktop list.
>
> > it still says that no deps are needed, but should list a dependency
> > for touch/coreutils in there.
>
> At first, I thought
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#head-4cadce5e79d38a63cad3941de1dadc9d25d67d30-2
> applied here, but that's only for BuildRequires.
>
> Do we need to come up with a similar list for packages assumed to be present
> at run-time, stuff like:
> glibc kernel coreutils
> ??

glibc is always pulled in via rpm's soname dependency mechanism,
kernel please not, as it is already a pain to run a chroot w/o a
kernel due to some dependencies. coreutils probably yes, but some
packages need to be exempted (probably filesystem and setup)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net