[Fedora-packaging] License Tag Draft

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jul 27 03:51:13 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 18:27 -0500, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> OK, I know this is going to be painful, but we need to solve this (FESCo
> is waiting for us to do it), and I think this is the cleanest way:
>
> Please review: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/LicenseTag
> and http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing .
>
> We'll vote on it next week.

-1

As I understand it, you are trying mandate versioned license tags.
Such an approach is inapplicable without a "license tags" register being
actively maintained by an "licence tag administration office".

In other words, to me your proposal is equivalent to mandating cars
carring license tags but allowing car owner to "paint them themselves".

This can't work.

Ralf