[Fedora-packaging] rpmlint check for proper %defattr?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Sat Jul 28 20:22:15 UTC 2007

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-07-28 at 21:25 +0200, Till Maas wrote:
>> Why is it sometimes %defattr(-,root,root) and
>> sometimes %defattr(-,root,root,-) (which is what rpmdev-newspec generates)?
>
> I believe the complete spec for %defattr is:
>
> "%defattr" "(" fileperms ["," user-owner ["," group-owner [","
> dirperms] ] ] ")"
>
> with "-" in {file,dir}perms meaning no change from what it already has.

Yup.

If something, rpmlint should check for unattributed files: ones that
aren't covered by %defattr or file-specific %attr. Missing %defattr isn't
an error, totally unattributed files are (or should be treated as such,
perhaps on rpmbuild level) because the outcome then relies on who happens
to build the package.

 	- Panu -