[Fedora-packaging] Re: smp_flags considered dangerous?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jul 2 23:02:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 05:50:17PM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 00:47 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > If the 2% + dark factor are causing too much pain, then the picture
> > changes.
>
> I'm not sure how much pain they could be causing.

Like stalling a package entering Fedora for over a month due to the
failures not being reproducible on neither the submitter's nor the
reviewer's systems? Not to mention the lost man power?

We don't gain much by triggering Makefile bugs. Most upstream projects
don't design their Makefiles for -j usage, it just happens to work 98%
or less of the times.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net