[Fedora-packaging] Re: rpm installation tests / script tests

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed Jul 11 18:02:56 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter wrote:
> There are a few other examples that currently use>& /dev/null
> instead of using [ -x ... ] wrapping, I'll go ahead and update those
> as well, so that these are all consistent.

I notice that some of the scriptlets use _bindir while others just
call the program without a path.  Unless a program is installed in
some hard-coded location (i.e. /sbin/service, I think) or is not in
the standard path, wouldn't it be simpler and more consistent to skip
the path (in the program call, not in the -x test of course).

One other very minor detail, but since people will often just
copy/paste these, could the icon cache run be indented in the if
block?

I see you already updated the fc-cache scriptlet to use the _bindir
macro, I was going to mention that as a little detail.

If a government were put in charge of the Sahara Desert, within five
years they'd have a shortage of sand.
    -- Dr. Milton Friedman