[Fedora-packaging] License Tag Draft

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 01:48:17 UTC 2007

> Tom spot Callaway (tcallawa at redhat.com) said:
> > OK, I know this is going to be painful, but we need to solve this (FESCo
> > is waiting for us to do it), and I think this is the cleanest way:
> >
> > Please review: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/LicenseTag
> > and http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing .
>
> For versioning, I prefer the much shorter 'GPLv2' (GPL version 2 only)
> and 'GPLv2+' (GPL version 2 or later).

I'm not opposed to that.

> I think the tagging per file in comments is definitely overkill.

Again, most packages won't need this, its only in the case of packages
with multiple files that are under different licenses. We're talking
less than 1% of packages in Fedora. (Note that documentation licensing
doesn't trigger this, nor would differing content licensing in the same
package).

~spot