[Fedora-packaging] Users and groups -- the static alternative

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Jul 27 14:43:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> +1 for finding interested contacts in other distros and just submit a
> request to the LSB to have the static range expanded

Mats Wichmann of the LSB, and I discussed Linux Assigned Names
And Numbers Authority matters at OLS a few weeks ago at some
length, and the matter was discussed in the LSB weekly
conference call on Wednesday with him and me leading the
discussion [the calls are open to persons willing to
participate and work -- ask off list if Fedora or Red Hat wish
details for calling in -- each has been absent from th process
for reasons unknown to me in recent years. -- Alan Cox
occastionally chimes in on the mailing list, always with
insightful comment, however]
 	http://www.lanana.org/
and there is certainly an interest at the LSB in helping reach
inter-vendor coordination in this space.

Please feel free to CC me on any proposal for extension as it
is worked up.

-- Russ Herrold
 	herrold at owlriver.com