[Fedora-packaging] Re: License Tag Draft

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jul 27 14:47:43 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 06:27:59PM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> OK, I know this is going to be painful, but we need to solve this (FESCo
> is waiting for us to do it), and I think this is the cleanest way:
>
> Please review: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/LicenseTag
> and http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing .
>
> We'll vote on it next week.

What I'm missing is the reason this has to change. Obviously someone
made lots of noise about it and the current model is inadequate for
whomever needs.

Before jumping through loops to understand what which lawyer from
where wanted to do with this information, maybe it would be helpful to
outline the bird's eye sepcification? All I currently see is a
mountain of bureaucracy falling on us. Some background information can
make us understand the need and perhaps even heöp us make better
counter suggestions.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net