[Fedora-packaging] License Tag Draft

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:09:01 UTC 2007

On 7/26/07, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> > I'm more than willing to take on additional helpers to maintain this
> > license registry. I'm very willing to alter the license identifiers to
> > make they more simplistic, but without that baseline standard, it won't
> > be possible to predictably track license data from packages.
> Whatfor? Somebody from the "dark circles" at RH ordered you to do so and
> because of the GPLv3 had been introduced. I call this overreaction and
> hysteria ...

Ralf, I guess my cover as being the head of the Black Blood Red Hat
conspiracy has been found out. I started this effort a long time ago
when I was trying to figure out why a non-OSS license package in
Fedora was listed as Distributable.. I began a quick listing of
packages, but had other issues come up (the moon was in the 6th house,
and the its conjunction with Ceres opened a small door for me to
commune with my masters). Spot took it up because he thought it was
something to be done.

You have seen through my ruse of using this to help move the stars
into the proper place for R'yleh to rise again and my dark masters to
rule once more. It was so much easier to cause the pain and torment of
developers than trying to find virgins to sacrifice these days.