[Fedora-packaging] Make empty debuginfo packages a build error?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat Jul 28 17:08:03 UTC 2007

VS> And the Java case is a good example of another problem - I'm not
VS> sure we'd want people to disable debuginfo packages because the
VS> tools don't support creating sane ones from them yet.

Actually it's possible to fix the Java packages; you have to move the
source so that the scripts will find it.  I've been through this on
pretty much all of the Java packages I reviewed.  (It's been a while
since I did one, though.)  I've also had to do this with some Perl
XS-built packages.

I admit this is nasty, but I've been assuming that we really want
proper debuginfo when we can get it.

 - J<