[Fedora-packaging] Re: Modifying upstream tarballs

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jun 5 07:48:41 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 06:04:37PM -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> I understand that there are circumstances where the upstream tarballs
> need to be modified to removed content which is patented or cannot be
> redistributed for some reason.  However, should that be the extent of
> the permitted modifications?

Yes, the pre-%prep preparations should be minimal and easily
reproducable for the reviewer.

Would you like to formulate a guideline change for voting upon? It
seems like most people are on the same side, so it should be an easy
item.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net