[Fedora-packaging] Re: Modifying upstream tarballs

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Jun 6 21:56:57 UTC 2007

On Thursday 07 June 2007, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> So I'd really love if the people who do not want to run autotools at
> build time generated a patch against the original archive instead of
> repackaging it.

Seconded.  But note that my message which started this discussion, which is
now somewhat off from the original topic, was about *further* modifications
to a tarball when there already was some other reason why it already had to
be modified before inclusion.

Turns out it wasn't a very bright idea to use autotools as a hypothetical
example to illustrate some points where not doing additional modifications
while doing the ones that absolutely must be done, sorry about that (even if
I still don't think re-running them while repackaging would be flat out of
the question).