OCaml and static linking (was old thread: Re: [Fedora-packaging] Issues with Ocaml and Static Linking)

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Jun 7 19:14:33 UTC 2007

>>>>> "RWMJ" == Richard W M Jones <rjones at redhat.com> writes:

RWMJ> With the four packages I did so far, I ended up with %if %opt
RWMJ> conditionals in the %files section.

That seems distasteful for some reason.  Here are all of the %files
sections:

  %files
  %defattr(-,root,root,-)
  %doc CHANGES README TODO
  %{_libdir}/ocaml/calendar/*.cma
  %{_libdir}/ocaml/calendar/*.cmi

  %files devel
  %defattr(-,root,root,-)
  %doc CHANGES README TODO
  %{_libdir}/ocaml/calendar/META
  %if %opt
  %{_libdir}/ocaml/calendar/*.a
  %{_libdir}/ocaml/calendar/*.cmxa
  %endif
  %{_libdir}/ocaml/calendar/*.mli

First, what owns the directory %{_libdir}/ocaml/calendar?

I'm not sure if it's less distasteful have the conditional or just do

  %{_libdir}/ocaml/calendar/*
  %exclude %{_libdir}/ocaml/calendar/*.cm[ai]

or if that even works the way I'm hoping it does.