[Fedora-packaging] Status of OCaml packaging
Richard W.M. Jones
rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 20:52:47 UTC 2007
Some brief notes on what has happened since last Tuesday w.r.t. OCaml
packaging in Fedora.
Gerard produced the base ocaml package for OCaml 3.10.0 (the latest
upstream version). OCaml 3.10 has some major changes which affect a lot
of upstream packages.
After last Tuesday's meeting I've fixed several things which were problems:
* I've built all but two OCaml packages against OCaml 3.10, including
submitting an upstream patch. The two which don't yet work are
ocaml-pxp and cduce, which both require significant effort upstream.
* rpmbuild now doesn't call rpm recursively.
* OCaml dependencies now look like ocaml(ModuleName) = Hash
* ocaml-find-requires and ocaml-find-provides scripts are looking more
solid and final, and are working their way into RPM.
* I fixed the way that we split out the -devel subpackage (I think).
* All packages now support bytecode architectures.
I've revised the OCaml Packaging Draft guidelines several times. The
latest version is here:
Emerging Technologies, Red Hat - http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/
Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod
Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, United Kingdom. Registered in
England and Wales under Company Registration No. 03798903
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3237 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the Fedora-packaging