[Fedora-packaging] Re: Possible UsersAndGroupsDraft

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Jun 14 15:25:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 08:40:16AM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 10:19 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 11:45:27PM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> > > I'm not quite sure I'm ready to bring this to the FPC for a vote, but
> > > I've been working on a modified version of Ville's draft:
> > >
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TomCallaway/UsersAndGroupsDraft
> > >
> > > While this is more complicated, I think it more adequately covers the
> > > corner cases of adding users and groups. Thoughts?
> >
> > It is far too complicated, Ville's version did the job already quite
> > well. You're also introducing non-standard tools again. :/
>
> Not really. The tools I introduced are helper scripts.
>
> Ville's draft only created the user/group if it didn't exist, and if
> not, didn't, but left the files owned as that user/group. That security
> issue concerns me.

Yes, but the proposed complicated apparatus does not justify
this. Better to have %pre fail then and deal with the transaction
mess. After all how often will a sysadmin have created a non-system
user "amanda" (and accidentially install amanda w/o remembeing that he
had such a user)?

KISS.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net