[Fedora-packaging] Possible UsersAndGroupsDraft

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 17:29:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 23:45 -0500, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> I'm not quite sure I'm ready to bring this to the FPC for a vote, but
> I've been working on a modified version of Ville's draft:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TomCallaway/UsersAndGroupsDraft
>
> While this is more complicated, I think it more adequately covers the
> corner cases of adding users and groups. Thoughts?

+1

BUT, you need to find a way to cover cases where the user db is shared
between multiple systems.
Requiring the manifest to be equally shared could be one solution, but
cumbersome.
Another simpler and more effective way is to use the Gecos field (for
users, for groups I have no idea yet) to mark the account as a system
account as opposed to a normal user account. Can be done by adding a ",
SYSTEM" keyword at the end of the Gecos field.

Simo.