[Fedora-packaging] ocaml signature hashing: really neccessary?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jun 15 10:58:01 UTC 2007

I wonder whether this is maybe overdesigned. AFAIU this signature
hashing was made because ocaml is not considered stable enough to
carry over signatures from release to release.

Same could be told about hundreds of C libraries, wouldn't the
neccessity in ocaml then imply a neccessity to hash C-library APIs as
well? Maybe it's something we will consider to do someday, but the
order would be to cater for C/C++/Fortran/etc libraries first and then
for niche languages like ocaml.

I think it's a bit too much, or did I miss something important (I'm
not a real ocaml user, there is just this one application that even
justifies ocaml's existance ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net