[Fedora-packaging] Re: one big SRPM for lots of different stardict dictionaries?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jun 26 11:19:19 UTC 2007

On 26.06.2007 12:53, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 09:33:00AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [...]
> Maybe we should allow template reviews, e.g. the submitter lists 5
> packages that are almost identical but the explicit locale definition
> and get's a blanket-like approval granted of any further packages he
> will copy off this template. [...]

I don't think a "blanket-like approval" makes sense, as at least the
md5sums and the license actually still should be checked by a reviewer.

Further: the reviewer of course can (and IMHO should) just do those two
checks, run a "diff -u" of the approved spec file against the unapproved
one, take a quick look at the differences and then approved the second
package if everything looks sane. That can likely be done in less then 5
minutes and is not that much work. Sure, there is a small risk to miss a
bug or problem, but that's life -- no reasons to unlock the orbital
laser or to wake up Spot's nijas (
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TomCallaway/Ninjas ) :-)

BTW, that's afaics how some of the reviews were done already (hunspell
for example). Maybe it's worth to write that down somewhere in the wiki
-- but there is IMHO no need to add it to the guidelines directly.

CU
thl