[Fedora-packaging] Re: pre-install and post install instructions in a rpm

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Jun 10 17:20:08 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 10:20:21AM -0500, lostson wrote:
>  Hello all
>  I am trying to package up obconf 2.0 with the new openbox 3.4 and am
> having troubles. With obconf upon install and uninstall I need to run
> these two commands.
>
> update-mime-database /usr/share/mime
> update-desktop-database /usr/share/applications
>
> I was reading some documentation that was talking about possibly using shell
> scripts to issue those commands both on install and uninstall. Is this the correct
> procedure or is there a more efficient way, thanks.

In general scriplets that are to be run during
installation/removal/upgrade are covered by rpm, read for example

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/drafts/rpm-guide-en/ch09s04.html#id2972291
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/drafts/rpm-guide-en/ch22s03.html#id3046054
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net